Current Staff Vacancy
Part Time Vacancy - Cook/Housekeeper
2 days a week, 16 hours a week in total
Flexibility to cover for sickness and holidays.
To provide Lunch and High Tea for up to 12 older, but independent residents. (No actual Care involved)
Responsibility for cleaning the kitchen, recording some weekly Health and Safety checks and security of house at end of the day.
Pleasant working environment and modern kitchen.
Please contact Helen Jarosz, the Administrator at:
Abbeyfield (Ripon and District) Society, Church Lane, Ripon. HG4 2ES
Phone: 01765 605446 for further details and an Application Form.
Enhanced DBS disclosure required.
- To provide meals for residents which they enjoy and which are in line with their dietary needs and preferences
- To ensure kitchen areas are clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Adhere to all current guidance to ensure that safety and welfare of residents around the house is maintained to a high standard
- All meals are of a consistently high standard
- All meals are in line with residents’ dietary needs and preferences
- All meals are served on time at the agreed times each day
- All meals are in line with the agreed menus and meal plans
- Prepare, cook and serve up to 2 meals each day which are in line with the dietary needs and preferences of residents
- Support the family atmosphere at Abbeyfield Ripon
- Ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy on a daily basis included washing up, discarding rubbish, wiping and cleaning work surfaces, hob and oven and sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor
- Clear and clean kitchen cupboards, rotate stock, clean and defrost fridge and freezers
- Follow cleaning rota to carry out thorough cleaning of kitchen items and areas at regular agreed intervals
- Prepare and clear away/clean the dining area before and after meals
- Assist, as required, with social functions that take place at Abbeyfield House
- Ensure ongoing high standards of cleanliness throughout Abbeyfield in line with any additional advice due to pandemic conditions
- Experience of good home cooking for a number of people at the same time
- Ability to communicate and interact with people well
- To be able to read and write to a good standard
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willing to provide cover for staff holidays and absence
- Show an understanding of the needs of older people
- Ability to carry out all aspects of the role to a high standard at all times
- Willing to travel for training as required
- Food Hygiene Certificate – (this is essential in order to do the housekeeping role so training will be provided and will have to have been successfully completed before a new housekeeper can work alone)
- First Aid Certificate (training will be provided if necessary)